[Complete 5:25 AM] The maintenance is complete as of 5:25 AM Pacific (8:25 AM Eastern).
[Unofficial Update 12:05 AM]
[03:01:29 AM] Waltzing: For the item dupe situation and purchasing from the dupers,
[03:01:52 AM] Waltzing: many accounts will be permabanned,
[03:02:19 AM] Waltzing: many accounts won’t receive a ban due to little or no suspicious activity,
[03:02:50 AM] Waltzing: and some accounts will be temporarily tradeblocked while we investigate them further
[03:02:55 AM] Waltzing: That’s the current plan.
[Unofficial Update 11:38 PM]
[02:35:33 AM] Waltzing: Okay, the cool fan event is this attendance event: Winter Attendance Season 1
[02:35:59 AM] Waltzing: That’s the attendance event I’m told will be getting a stamp for today.
[02:36:09 AM] Maryse: What about the other one?
[02:36:48 AM] Waltzing: December Fun Event?
[02:37:07 AM] Maryse: Yes that
[02:37:18 AM] Waltzing: I don’t believe there are plans for that one, since it’s only 7 days attendance needed from 12/4 – 12/31.
[02:37:32 AM] Maryse: Makes sense
[Update 8:43 PM] Unfortunately this hack has created a large number of duplicate items which could negatively impact the game’s economy. To prevent this from happening it will be necessary for us to roll the game’s servers back to 8 PM on Sunday, December 8.
[Unofficial Update 4:10 PM] I’ll keep you as updated as I can guys. Don’t expect the worst just yet.
ALL UPDATE TIMES ARE IN PST!
We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance on December 9, 2013. It will last approximately TBD.
We are currently looking into a hack that a small number of players have been utilizing to duplicate in-game items. We have temporarily taken the game servers offline while the team works on a hotfix to address the issue and prevent future incidents. The team has also identified the players involved and will be taking appropriate action to protect the game’s economy.
We anticipate this to be a short process and will update you all once more details are available.
Thank you for your patience.
– The MapleStory Team –
We have identified and fixed the hack being abused by players earlier today.
Unfortunately this hack has created a large number of duplicate items which could negatively impact the game’s economy. To prevent this from happening it will be necessary for us to roll the game’s servers back to 8 PM on Sunday, December 8.
We have temporarily suspended accounts of players suspected of using this hack and will be continuing to investigate after the reset. Appropriate action will be taken against offenders.
Thank you to all the MapleStory fans who helped us identify and combat this hack.
– The MapleStory Team –
What will be unavailable:
‣All MapleStory game servers.
Changes and Updates:
‣ A hack that was used to duplicate items has been blocked.
‣ Accounts that used the hack have been permanently banned.
‣ Accounts have been permanently banned if they were heavily associated with the accounts that used the hack and involved with further illicit use, storage, or distribution of the hacked items.
‣ Many additional accounts that may have been involved have been tradeblocked pending further investigation.
‣ 3 attendance stamps for the Winter Attendance Season 1 event have been given to accommodate for missed time on December 4, 8, and 9 for characters that had already begun participating in the event.
‣ 3 Sengoku High passes have been sent out to all accounts to help make up for lost time. Check the gift box icon on the left side of your game window.
‣ If you were affected by the extended v.143 game update and you didn’t yet collect your Small Holiday Surprise box yet, it has been extended so you will have until the end of the day on December 10 to collect it.
‣ The Owl of Minerva giveaway scheduled for December 9 has been moved to December 10.
‣ The 1 meso wedding sale has been extended by 1 day.
‣ NX spent during the rollback period has been refunded to you.
‣ Cash items in your inventories have been extended by 48 hours from 8 PM on December 8.